Not Your Average Chick

Stationery Enthusiast & Mental Wellness Advocate

NYAC NEWS

Hey Chicks!

Good morning.  I wanted to let ya’ll in on the scoop from the coop. bahahaha … see what I did there? I will be adding a disclosure to my site soon.  I am ecstatic to announce that I am doing Amazon affiliates program.  Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see four products that I hand-picked.  If you shop using Amazon PLEASE use my link.  This is at no cost to you but it allows me to earn a small kick-back.  All you do is click on one of the pictures and from there it should allow you to shop using my link.  I don’t believe it is limited to the products I chose.

If you know anything about Amazon’s program please let me know if I am correct.  I tried adding a banner but for some reason, the html kept showing errors.

Next in news is I had previously been calling our place The Nest because duh chickens are birds but I recently realized that chickens roost ….. go ahead, I give you permission to laugh hysterically.  I did when it hit me.  From now on I will be referring to this site as The Hen House 🙂  Cute, huh?  I try.

Last, I want to thank everyone for interacting with me and giving me feedback.  It makes a huge difference and helps me with direction.  The ultimate goal here is to begin a business after all.  That goal will be obtained over a period of time.  I hope ya’ll are patient because I’ve always been a little late to the show, if you know what I mean.

That’s it for now!  Scroll on down and check out the few products I picked out!  Do a little shopping, I dare you!

Or you can click on the donate button

Not Your Average Chick

Donate $5

This donation will be used for art supplies.

$5.00

Thank You!

Advertisements

38 thoughts on “NYAC News

1. s.e. taylor says:

Congrats on joining! Yes as long as they buy something within 24 hours of clicking your link you get the commission. It doesn’t have to be the specific product you linked to. What kind of errors are you getting when trying to place a banner? Prime day is coming up, it’s a great time to promote Amazon. They will be having tons of good deals.

Liked by 2 people

1. Yay. Thank you so much for your help. I truly need directions and advice.

Liked by 2 people

1. Thanks for brining this up! I’m new in my blogging journey – still so much to learn 😊🙏🏽

Liked by 1 person

2. I know girl. I am new to having a premium site. This site isn’t 2 months old yet. I have had a free site for a year, yesterday.

Liked by 1 person

3. Oh! Yes, I started the blog just in March of this year. The premium is good, have taken advantage of the help from Word Press. When you email them, they respond almost immediately 😊🙌🏽

Liked by 1 person

4. I’ve not had to email them except once about a month ago and did so from my personal site. It didn’t take long to get a response. Do you like blogging?

Liked by 1 person

5. I like it, it can be a bit like pulling teeth, but I’m also impatient. I want the blog to grow faster and it’s not. I’m trying to remain consistent and trying to post a couple times a week. At the moment I’m averaging I’d say about 3 posts a week. Having to drive in the traffic has been the most difficult part but I think it’s also because I don’t have social media other than he blog itself.

Liked by 1 person

6. I don’t use social media either. You have a great following for only blogging for 4 months. I am at 575 followers on my personal blog and I’ve been doing that one for a year. Mine didn’t take off for a while but I also knew nothing when I started.

Liked by 1 person

7. Thank you! But you see, I’d want the numbers to be higher, patience right?! Yes, I feel like it takes a lot of work to get it off the ground. I have a lot to learn too. It hasn’t been ‘easy’ but then again nothing that’s worth doing, is. A lot of time and effort on the blog has gotten me where I am thus far.

2. s.e. taylor says:

You can check out my disclosures page btw. If you don’t put it up they will disqualify your sales.

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you for that. I planned on adding that a terms and conditions today.

Liked by 2 people

2. Thanks for sharing that! I don’t have a proper disclosures page but do mention in my ‘more about me’ tab that I am affiliated with companies, etc. Is that enough?

Liked by 2 people

1. That should be plenty. I added a page for it but I don’t believe that is completely neccessary.

Liked by 1 person

2. Let’s see. I placed mine right under my ‘more about me.’ I hope it’s enough 🤞🏼😊

Liked by 1 person

3. I’m sure it is. Mine is very simple. Not sure if you checked it out but it isn’t much. 🙂

4. Yes, I have, I like it! You’ve done good 😊🙏🏽

5. s.e. taylor says:

Each company may has different requirements. Amazon is particular and wants it to say ” “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.” here is the link to their associate agreement https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/help/operating/agreement I believe the FTC guidelines requires you to list out which companies you are affiliated with.

Liked by 2 people

6. Eek! Wow! Ok, I didn’t say, ‘Amazon’ specifically. I should just list all the affiliated companies in one – all together. 🤔

Liked by 2 people

7. I pretty much listed that. I will edit. I haven’t signed up for anymore except Word Ads and soon Shareasale. I just activated WordAds today.

Liked by 1 person

3. I applaud you on your endeavor and your upbeat attitude just shows so much sunshine on your Hen House! I love it! You go, girl! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Awe, Thanks Beckie!! Its because of people like you who encourage me.

Liked by 1 person

1. You are so very welcome, but it’s you who is being the one to encourage others! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. I learned from ya’ll!!

Liked by 1 person

4. I get that error on the banners as well. In order for the banner to ‘work’ you must be signed up with the business plan on word press. I’m on the premium plan and that is why the banner won’t work for me. You mentioned it didn’t have to be a specific product I link? How does that work? Can you link on a product and from there browse through other Amazon items, will that still work? Thank you in advance!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you for the information about the banners. I believe if you advertise a product, they can click on that and then browse and you still get credit. Am I wrong? I am new to this.

Liked by 2 people

1. I don’t know. But that would make sense to be able to do that. I signed up with amazon about maybe 2 months ago. Still haven’t reaped the benefits from the program.

Liked by 1 person

2. I have given my website to all of my family and a few friends to get them shopping using my link. We all have shopping problems. Lol I hope to see a little something.

Liked by 1 person

3. Yes, well you’ve helped out so much by telling me they can also shop with one link and then just going in there and being able to also shop for other products! Oh gosh! If I would have known that sooner! 🤦🏽‍♀️ You love and learn! Eek! So far I have noticed that if I don’t sell in a months end that I get charged I think it’s $4.99 or so, and that they get when I do get credit. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Liked by 1 person

4. So they charge you to advertise their stuff? I read that they just pull your app in 120 days if you don’t meet the requirement.

Liked by 2 people

5. s.e. taylor says:

Right. If I don’t get any sales soon I will be dropped. 😦 Hoping with Prime day maybe I will.

6. s.e. taylor says:

I’ve not had any fees

Liked by 1 person

7. No, if you you’re not selling. So far, for the months that I haven’t ‘sold’ they’ve charged me about $4.99 but not to pay now. They’ll take that when I do make the money.

8. s.e. taylor says:

I’m not aware of any fees with Amazon for the associates program

Liked by 1 person

9. Yes 🙄 so far they’ve charged me. I’m not sure if there’s a goal to meet each month, but so far if you don’t have anything in a month, you’re issued a fee. That fee is transferred to the next month and so in until you do get a purchase and they deduct it from there.

Liked by 2 people

10. I don’t know why, they emailed me saying that. Ugh! 😢🤔 I’d like to advertise them a little better, not sure if I’m doing right as it is right now. I’ll have to take a look again to see what changes can be made, there’s always room for improvements.